Thursday, July 17, 2008

Potty Train

I was talking to a friend of mine (Amber) who's daughter, Abby is ten months younger than Mason. This Sunday Abby decided that she did not want to wear diapers any more. So sense Sunday, Abby has been in "panties" and doing great, with no real accidents to speak of. Not only is she not having any accidents, she is also telling Amber when she needs to go potty.
This news made me excited and annoyed at the same time. Excited that Abby had figured out the whole potty thing, annoyed that Mason, who is ten months older that Abby, still had not. I know what you are all thinking, girls potty train earlier and easier that boys, yeah I know, but ten months earlier, give me a break, Mason should be getting this by now.
So, today Amber came over and had brought Abby's potty seat with her, just in case Abby needed to go. Amber asked if I wanted to borrow her potty seat as Abby was doing really well and probably didn't need the seat. Of course I jumped on that chance to borrow it. Amber gave me a few pointers on what she has done with Abby and then we were off, well actually on, the potty seat that is.
Mason spent a good part of his afternoon on the potty seat, drinking a ton of juice and water, and eating saltine crackers.
Mason peed in the potty THREE times!!! Hip-hip-ha-ray! We are on our way!
Hopefully more updates to come!

No comments: