Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

We had a pretty quiet Father's Day this year. We went to church, like always. The Primary kids sang to their dads. Mason went up to the front of the chapel, with some help from our friend Crystal who is in the Primary Presidency. Mason stood in front of Crystal the whole time with a somber look on his face. I wasn't sure if he would even go up to the front but I was sure that if he did, he wouldn't sing. I am proud of him for just going up.

After church we went to my parents for root beer floats. We were going to go to the park, but the weather was yucky.

I got Jeff Glenn Beck's new book, Common Sense. It should arrive sometime between today and Thursday. I know, I know, I should have thought about ordering it sooner, and I did, but that thought didn't become action until abut two days before Father's Day. Jeff knows I am like this, every year I don't do any Christmas shopping for him until just a few days before Christmas, while he's had all his shopping for me done well before Thanksgiving. It's just the way I am, Jeff knows this and loves me anyway.

We love you daddy and are so proud of everything you have accomplished.
My dad with Cooper
Jeff's dad with Mason

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

cute cute cute :)

Dan and Anne said...

What a good wife you are! I have the hardest time getting Dan's presents in time... part of his fathers day gift was a "you're getting a magazine subscription that I haven't quite ordered yet..." But it's the thought that counts right? On a side note Glenn Beck is in our stake and spoke our first Sunday here in a combined RS/Priesthood. The only problem was I didn't know who he was and Dan had to keep explaining stuff to me. He is a good speaker though!