Warning: This post contains a lot of whining and complaining.
This pregnancy has been my hardest yet. I began feeling sick on the day I turned 7 weeks. I am nauseous most of the time and have absolutely no energy. My poor husband has had to take on most of the duties I normally do, add that to a very busy work day, where he, at times, brings home work to do in the evenings, and volunteering at the fire station, he is one BUSY guy!
With Mason's pregnancy I began getting sick around 9 weeks, and was feeling better by 13 weeks. I was usually sick in the mornings and once I could get a good meal in me, or could puke, I'd be fine the rest of the day. I was also able to take plenty of naps.
Cooper's pregnancy was better by far, I was sick for about the same amount of weeks. I was nauseous but never threw up and the nauseousness would go away as the morning went on. Even though I had a busy little Mason to take care of, he was a great napper, so I got lots of naps in too.
This time around I am lucky if Cooper will lay down without fighting me for an hour first. Which I don't have the energy to fight him. Then once I lay down, our lovely neighbors let their yappy little dog out for his afternoon piddle break. Our neighbors house has a really weird layout. Their slider is on the side of their house, the side that our houses share. To make it an even sweeter deal, our living room is on that side, and our bedroom is above the living room, so no matter where I try to nap, I hear the yappy little poop head. I have visions of opening my bedroom window, taking out the screen, and throwing Mason's basketball at the little fur ball's head.
Have I mentioned that I have NO energy? I have no energy to do the most basic tasks like showering. I will usually shower, more for Jeff's benefit. Forget the make-up, hair do, or even regular clothes. Yup it's pajamas 24/7 for me. I'm sure Jeff loves seeing me in my PJ's all the time. If I can get the dishes in the dishwasher everyday, its a successful day!
This morning I was not feeling well. After eating breakfast, I started to feel a bit better, no energy, but at least I didn't have the urge to puke. So I decided to spend some time organizing the boys' toys, cleaning the shelves on their two-shelf toy shelf, and vacuuming the toy room, their bedroom, and my bedroom. All this took me probably 45 minutes, and I made sure I snacked and drank water the whole time, so I didn't get sick. As I was finishing the last of the vacuuming, I got really hot and nauseous. Mmmm that snack sure was great coming back up.
I love to have a clean house. I wish I could get some stuff clean without getting sick.
Someone asked me yesterday if I was excited about this pregnancy. My honest answer was "no, maybe I will be when I am not sick every waking hour". Has anyone else ever felt this way?
8 comments:
I'm sorry Crystyne! :( I hope you feel better soon!!!!
Sorry....something kept getting stuck so I clicked on Publish comment a bunch of times out of frustration! LOL!! You can delete 2 of them! :)
You know what though, the truth is, this sickness only lasts a small moment in the big scheme of things. Why do we care so much if we are in our pj's 24/7? laying on the couch letting our kids watch tv show after tv show? not getting the house clean? pregnancy sickness can be very, very hard. i know. it's tough for everyone, but growing a baby is hard work. don't feel bad about what you aren't getting done. once you feel better you will be super Crystyne again and your house will be spotless. Until then just do what you can, when you can and don't turn down help when it's offered. If I could, I would come over right now and pamper you just because I know how much I needed it, especially my last pregnancy. Hang in there!
I'm sorry you're so sick and tired this time around! I hope it's a short period of time for you. :( I can honestly say I've been very blessed with no sickness during either pregnancy, however, George's little head resting square on my pelvis for about 3 months nearly killed me! Sometimes I thought I might have traded it, but I doubt that. :)
So, if you need ANYTHING, call me!!
I have felt your pain...minus the sickness, but the no engery...yep been there! (It does make me feel better to know others have felt that way too.) I'm finally starting to feel better and actually do things around the house now. YOur day will come too. Let's just hope sooner than later! When is your due date again? My official due date is Oct. 31st!
How do you like the ward changes?
so sorry to hear that!
It's all going to be worth it in the end though, right? :)
Post a Comment