
Today was Shiloh's baby blessing. Shiloh's blessing was absolutely beautiful. Each baby blessing day has been very special to me. But this time it was a little different for a few reasons.
ONE: She is a girl and I got a glimpse into how fun it can be to dress girls up, she looked like a little bride.
TWO: The night before I went into the hospital to have Shiloh, Jeff and my Dad gave me a comfort blessing. After the blessing my Dad leaned down and told me about well...I guess you could call it an experience he had that involved Shiloh. What he told me took my breath away for a split second and
almost made me cry. Which if you know me, it takes A LOT to make me cry. Don't ask me what he told me, I won't tell you as it is something that is too special to me to share.
THREE: I am humbled each time as Jeff gives our new baby their blessing. Humbled at the tremendous love I feel from my Heavenly Father for me and my baby. With the arrival of each new baby I feel this overwhelming pressure to raise them right, to teach them to gospel, to do for them everything my Heavenly Father wants and needs me to do in order to help them return to him. When Jeff pronounces their blessing I am reminded that I can do all the things I feel pressured to do because if I couldn't, my Heavenly Father would not have entrusted these children to me.

Us with Jeff's mom and my parents.

Family that came for the blessing, minus Bill and Rachel who both had to leave early. Most of our family was not able to make it for one reason or another, sick kids at home, working, or out of town.
In Shiloh's blessing circle was:
Daddy
Grandpa Meador
Uncle Jared
Uncle Bill
Uncle Mike Leeds
Bishop Springer
4 comments:
She looks SOOOO pretty! Sometimes I wish I would have dressed my girls up more...oh well. I wish we could have been there. We'll be there NEXT WEEK THOUGH!!! yAy!
I wish I could have been there! I love her dress- it's beautiful!
beautiful! (i love her big eyes!)
Beautiful baby, pretty dress!
Post a Comment