
In honor and remembrance of 9/11, Whitworth University offered all active and retired military, police, firefighters and EMT's free admission with up to 3 family members to watch a football game. Today the Whitworth Pirates faced off against the Pomona-Pitzer Sagehens. Before the game, the announcer had all first responders stand and be recognized by the crowd.
I took Mason, because Cooper didn't want to go and here is Mason about 10 minutes into the game. He complained that it was too hot for him.
It was hot, I'll give him that, but I was having fun, despite the episode of the Gilmore Girls that was going on behind me (and you know what I mean if you have ever watched the show.) These two women would not be quiet, they were talking about everything except the game, I am not even sure they were watching, but man it was annoying.
Despite my best efforts to bribe him with soda and popcorn,we ended up leaving about half-way into the 2nd quarter, because Mason just couldn't handle the heat any more and frankly I couldn't handle the whining.
As soon as we got home, my pager went off and off I went to save the day, but now Mason claims he saved the day, because if it wasn't for him, I would have missed the page. I finished watching the game online when I got home.
The feel in the Pine Bowl was good, it was cool to be at a smaller college's football game.Whitworth ended up winning the game 34-7.
No comments:
Post a Comment