Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013





 Halloween becomes something totally different when you have kids. It goes from being excited to get lots of candy to being excited to see how happy your kids are about getting lots of candy. 

This year we had a....
 Nerd
 Referee (cuz that is what I am all day anyway)
 Ninja
Darthvader
 Fairy Princess
 Lion


Trick or treating fun.

I went out with the kids for one block while Jeff stayed at home handing out candy with Kinley. As I was walking around, my mind went back to when I was 8 (Mason's age). I went out with my siblings at that age, without my parents, yes, all my siblings were older than me. I don't know that I will ever let my kids go by themselves. It is at those times when I realize that we really do live in a different world now than we did 20+ years ago. 





Tonight we taught the boys about taxes, using their Halloween candy as the example. By the time we took out taxes in all their varieties, medical expenses, tithing, bills, etc., they didn't have much left. I think they learned a little lesson, but were more relieved that we were not going to keep their candy, unlike the government keeping all our taxes.


No comments: