Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas traditions

I just thought I would take a minute to write down our family's Christmas traditions and I would love to hear what every one's traditions are!
*Thanksgiving night we watch a Christmas movie, to get the spirit of Christmas
*We set up our Christmas tree (or at least we try to) the day after Thanksgiving
*Every year we buy a Christmas ornament with the year on it.
*We spend Christmas Eve with Jeff's Grandpa and Grandma Long, where we have snacks and play games.
*We buy new pajamas and open them on Christmas Eve and wear them to bed that night.
*We open the rest of our presents in the morning.
*Then as soon as we are done opening presents at our house we go open presents with Jeff's parents and brother, Steve's family.
*Later in the day we go to Jeff's grandma Borders' house and have Christmas dinner with that side of his family. (This year we are doing something different though)
*A few days after Christmas (usually New Years Day) we get together with my family and we have our Christmas gift exchange and a white elephant exchange.

No comments: