This weekend was General Conference. I love to listen to the Prophet, General Authorities, and other selected individuals speak. I always come away from conference wanting to improve something about myself in order to grow and become a better wife, mother, daughter, and friend.
Last night during the Priesthood session, Jessica, a friend in our ward invited me and three other women (and all our kids) over to her house for dinner while our five husbands went to the Priesthood session.
Then today we invited those same four other couples over to our house to watch both sessions of conference, and I made some really yummy pizzas (if I do say so myself) for lunch. (And yes, I did make the crusts too.) One of the couples (Nick and Jessica) was not able to make it due a prior commitment. After conference us girls went on a walk and left the men home with to watch the five little boys, yup all boys, no girls, talk about testosterone overload! We walked over to Nick and Jessica's house and chatted with Jessica for a good little while and then mozzied on back to my house.
I didn't watch as much of conference as I would have hoped to, due to all of us talking and taking care of the kiddos. Thankfully we taped it, so I will be able to watch each session over the next week or so. Even though the conference watching was minimal, I was able to gain and straighten some really great relationships with the other four women. All five of us couples have moved into our ward in the last seven months with us and Kevin and Corrine being in the ward since September 2008 and Jarom and Crystal just being in the ward about a month now.
At first when Jeff and I moved into our ward I had a really hard time adjusting and making friends. Then to top it all off I was "stuck", as I call it, in Primary. At that point making new friends felt really hopeless because with being in Primary I am not able to go to any of the adult classes. Somehow Jeff picked up on all this, maybe it was all my complaining, I don't know, just saying, but anyways he has done a really good job of introducing himself to young couples, inviting them over for dinner, and putting little bugs in my ear that we should plan something fun and invite people over. I am very grateful of Jeff for helping me find new friends and I am also grateful for my new friendships, all these women are wonderful women whom I see being friends with for many years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment