Thursday, November 11, 2010

Baby check up

This may be "TMI" for some of you. Sorry. This morning after using the restroom, there was some extra "moistness" "down there" and I smelled a smell that I was pretty sure was amniotic fluid. There wasn't any "gushing of fluids" though, so I figured there was no big rush to go into the hospital since I had an ultrasound, a non-stress test, and a doctor appointment in an hour and a half.

First I went in for the ultrasound. Everything is looking good with Shiloh. She is estimated at weighing 6lbs. 6ozs. right now and my amniotic fluid levels are where they should be.

My Doctor decided to skip the non-stress test since everything from the ultrasound looked good.

During my appointment my Doctor did a test to check for signs of amniotic fluid. The test came back negative. But he said that doesn't mean I don't have a small leak far up. So the risk of infection is still there, just not as big of a risk as it would be if there were signs of amniotic fluid leaking. He said he wanted to have me induced next week anyway, just in case I am leaking fluid, so I don't get an infection.

My induction is scheduled for Wednesday November 17th at 7:30am.....unless I go into labor before then.

Stats from this visit:

Gained 1 pound for a total of 17 pounds total gained.

Shiloh's heartbeat was 132 bpm.

I am dilated 2 cm and 90% effaced.

So who won the bet on how progressed I'd me? ME! I said 3 cm and90% effaced and Jeff said 4 cm and 80% effaced.

I am 38 weeks 2 days pregnant.

3 comments:

DeAnne said...

Start doing some nipple stimulation...induce yourself. Accupressure and sex. Worked for me. :) Sperm is a great and potent prostoglandin (however you spell it), unless your Doc said no sex.

The Meagher Family said...

I can't wait to meat your little girl. Are you excepting visits in the hospital? I would love to come if you are. It could be any day now.

Anonymous said...

good luck! can't wait to see pictures of her!