Wednesday, November 24, 2010

First week of life

We have had a really quiet week, lounging around the house enjoying our little Shiloh. Mason and Cooper are so in love with their little sister and I think she likes them too, as long as Cooper doesn't stick his finger in her eye. Gotta watch that one around her.

This is Mason's new favorite activity, holding his Shiloh while watching TV. I'm sure he would hold her all day long, if she didn't need to nurse. Darn that nursing thing and mom having to take her to do it.
Shiloh is a really content baby. She only cries when she is cold and really only fusses when hungry. The only time she really screamed was when I gave her a bath. Just getting in, not sure if she likes it or not.
Nope. She officially does not like the bath. (Going back to the whole being cold thing.) Hopefully she will learn to like baths.
Poor little girl, look at that pouty face.


Shiloh loves to sleep. I think she is our best sleeper over all. Shiloh sleeps for about 3 hours, wakes up to eat, and falls back to sleep for about 3 hours. This is her "routine" so far. She doesn't like to sleep in her bassinet, I think she doesn't like the wide open space. So for now, at night, she sleeps in our bed, between us. During the day she sleeps in her swing or in one of our arms. Some would say we are spoiling her and teaching her a bad habit of always needing to sleep with us. Whatever. We did this with our boys for the first 6-8 weeks of their lives too. Then we start to transition them into their bassinet or crib. Our boys rarely ever sleep in our bed and never have, so I doubt we will have an issue this time around either. We are not spoiling our baby. You really can't spoil a newborn anyway. There I said it.
She loves to have her hands up by her face. One day this week I caught her sleeping with her hands over her face. Maybe it was too bright for her liking.

It's been much quieter than I expected on the visitor front too. We've only had a few visitors. That is very surprising to me since Jeff and I both have large families who, for the most part, live in Spokane. I really love to have visitors. I love to have conversations with adults. I love that visitors break up the day to day tasks that come with taking care of a newborn. So I guess for me, the only thing that would have made this week even better, would have been to have more visitors.
Shiloh with her Great Grandpa Long
Shiloh with her Great Grandma Long
Shiloh with her Grandpa Meador
Shiloh with her Grandma Meador


Shiloh had a well baby check today. Everything with her is look good. She weighs 6 lbs 1oz, so we have to take her back in next week to have her weighed again to make sure she gains back her birth weight.

9 comments:

Patsfield Family Photos said...

Yay! She is getting cuter everyday!

Patsfield Family Photos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeAnne said...

I would totally be your visitor if I lived there. We need to get up there...soon!

DeAnne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia Borders said...

I want to come see Shiloh, I've just been so busy trying to get this house all packed up, we have to be out a few more days. It's been taking up all my time. Hopefully Steven will be back next week and we will for sure make time to come visit before we move away!!

browerfamily said...

I would totally come see you and visit except for the minor detail of me not being able to get us there :) she's beautiful! What's up with the deleted posts???? :) there has to be a reason :)

Crystyne said...

The deleted posts, I think, is because blogger was going really slow when DeAnne and Michelle tried to post their comment, so they clicked the "post" button twice. They were not deleted by me, that all I know.

Jarom & Crystal said...

Congratulations you guys! She is beautiful!! I hope you're serious about visitors, cause I want to see your little cutie, and I'll bring a dinner too.

Britany Michelle said...

I agree. You can't spoil a newborn too much! Nothing wrong with love and cuddles.