As long as Jeff and I have been married, we have put up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. This year was no different. The boys, and I am including Jeff in this, were VERY ready to decorate as soon as they got up, but Jeff used some self control and waited for me and Shiloh to wake up first.

Mason...ready to get this show on the road!

Cooper....ready to bust that bin open to see what was inside.

Shiloh....couldn't care less. She was just happy to have a full tummy and a warm blanket.

And the fun begins! Here Mason and Cooper are helping Jeff spread out the branches of the tree.

Now time for the ornaments.

Cooper kept putting the ornaments in the same spot. He also kept telling us that the ornaments needed to go up
really high, so Shiloh can't reach them. Silly boy!

All done with the tree and ready to enjoy a candy cane. Cooper was throwing a "fit" because he couldn't have two candy canes.

Last year we found a 3 foot tree on clearance after Christmas, so we got it for the boys' room. Mason has such a great memory. He asked me today if I remember going to Target to get the tree and Dad and Cooper stayed in the car while he and I went in to get it. Yup. That is exactly what happened too.

Jeff won these nutcrackers a few years ago in my family's white elephant exchange. I love them! Mason and Cooper have loved playing with them today, making their mouths move and talk to each other.


This is where we have hung our stockings since moving into this house. Each year it makes me miss having a fire place mantel, like in our old house....maybe someday I will have one again to hang my stockings from.
No comments:
Post a Comment