Mason can FINALLY ride his bike without training wheels! I have wondered all summer if this day would come. Last night I was over at our neighbor, Jodie's house telling her how frustrated I was that Mason wouldn't get on his bike after falling off one day, scrapping his elbows. And to top that off, he wouldn't listen to me or any new ideas I wanted him to try. Jodie told me that they got their son, Evan, to ride last summer by coasting down their driveway with his feet a few inches off the ground and if he felt like he was going to fall, then he would put his feet down. I asked her if she would tell Mason how her son learned. I figured maybe he needed someone else to encourage and help him. After Jodie showed him how to coast down the driveway, Mason got on Evan's bike because it is a little smaller than Mason's and coasted down their driveway a few times. Mason said he felt safer on Evan's bike, so he asked if he could trade Evan bikes for a week or so.
This morning Mason was eager to get out and try again. He continued coasting down the driveway. Once he was able to coast down without putting his feet on the ground, I told him to try putting his feet on the pedals, and start pedaling. Once he did that he was able to ride with no problems.
Way to go Mason! We love you and are so proud of your accomplishment!
This morning Mason was eager to get out and try again. He continued coasting down the driveway. Once he was able to coast down without putting his feet on the ground, I told him to try putting his feet on the pedals, and start pedaling. Once he did that he was able to ride with no problems.
Way to go Mason! We love you and are so proud of your accomplishment!
3 comments:
Yay!! We taught Rylee about a month ago, before she got the cast on! It's so fun when they learn new things!
Alright Mason! We will have to have the boys go on a ride sometime.
We have had the same problem with Kambria! It does get frustrating! Now after the accident on Saturday I don't know how long it will be before she gets back on her bike to try again. She has an 18" bike, so I wonder if we found a cheap 16" or borrowed one from someone and tried the same thing Mason did, if it would work? Worth a try!!!! Thanks! And great Job Mason!!! :)
Post a Comment