Well okay, so it's not new, but it is new to us. It's a 2001 Honda Odyssey and is in really good condition. No dents or dings on the outside. No tears, stains, burn marks, or anything else on the upholstery. We've been going back and fourth, weighing all the pros and cons of getting a van verses sticking with our Caviler and 4Runner. Mostly it was me trying to convince Jeff that we needed a van, so the boys would stop fighting due to having to be right next to each other.
I started looking on Craigslist for vans a few weeks ago. Whenever I found one that looked like it could be a good fit for us, I would email it to Jeff (trying to convince Jeff that we needed one). As soon as I would call on them, they would already be sold.
Thursday night we looked at a Sienna that looked like it was the one. When we got home and got a carfax report on it, it turned out to be a rebuild title because it had been in a front end crash and the air bag deployed. I called my dad to talk to him about that and get his advice.
Friday morning I got a call from my dad. He was at the arena where there were 3 different car dealers doing a big clearance sale. He found a few vans that were in our price range.
One of them was this Odyssey. I really wanted either an Odyssey or a Sienna, so I was pretty happy when he said the Odyssey was actually well under the maximum amount we wanted to spend.
My dad offered to "test drive" it up to my house to show me. When he got here I was surprised at how good of condition it was in. When my dad took it back to the arena, he got a carfax report on it and brought it back to me. The carfax came back clean, full maintenance records and no accidents!
I called Jeff to tell him about it and he said that if I liked it and wanted to get it to go ahead. So I called my dad, who had probably just gotten home from just being at my house and asked if he would go down with me to the arena to buy the van. He agreed. So after Shiloh woke up and we all ate lunch, we picked up my dad and went to the arena.
I got all the paperwork started and I called Jeff to tell him to go to the Honda dealership after work to sign the paperwork. All this time, my dad took care of the kids. I truly have a great dad! So when Jeff got there he sign all the paperwork without even seeing the van.
So now we have 3 vehicles. We are trying to decide if we are going to sell the Caviler or the 4Runner.
3 comments:
sell both and get something newer-ish for jeff to commute with
We have thought about that option too!
congrats on the new van...now you have finally joined the rest of us!!!! Shilo sure is getting big...McCrea has a lot of catching up to do! Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment