Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I wanted to wish all the fathers a Happy Father's Day! I especially want my husband to know how much I love and appreciate all he does for me and our two boys. I also want everyone to know how wonderful Jeff is, so I have an example I would like to share about just how wonderful he is.
Last night was a rough night for us here at the Borders household. Cooper went to bed around 8:00pm. Jeff and I watched a movie and then went to bed about 11:20pm. I could just about feel myself falling asleep when Cooper woke up at 12:00am wanting to eat. So as Jeff usually does, he got Cooper up and brought him to our room so he could nurse. After he nursed for about a half an hour I took him back to his crib. Usually he will go right back to sleep, but last night he decided he didn't want to go to sleep. So he began to cry, I would have just let him cry, but with our current situation of being in an apartment, I picked him up and rocked him for about twenty minutes. He finally fell asleep, so I put him back in his crib. I just about got out of his room when he began to cry again. This time I decided to let him cry for a bit. I went back to my room and laid there waiting for him to fall back to sleep. Well, he didn't go back to sleep, so I got up again, went to his room, and rocked him untill 3:00am when he finally did fall asleep.
I went back to bed, Jeff said good night to me, I replied with, "there is nothing GOOD about it, because Mason will be awake in four hours!".
Sure enough Mason and Cooper were both awake at 7:00am and Jeff got up with them letting me sleep until close to 9:00am. So even though it is Father's Day and Jeff should have been the one who got to sleep in, he thought of me and how tired I was and got up with the boys.
This is just one example of what a wonderful husband and father Jeff is. So thank you Jeff for being a wonderful husband to me and father to Mason and Cooper.
Happy Father's Day Jeff
Love Crystyne

1 comment:

DeAnne said...

awww, how sweet. i think i could actually feel your pain as i was reading that post! wish we could've come down for root beer floats, looks like it was fun!