Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cooper's Allergies (Part Two)

If you can remember back to August, Cooper had a reaction to peanut butter. Well, I have been dragging my feet with taking him to an allergist. I finally made him an appointment and today was the day. He saw Dr. Drain, I REALLY like her, she was great with Cooper and a very personable. For instance, she thought it was really cool that our last name is Borders and wanted to know if we have every asked for a discount at Borders Bookstore.
Cooper was tested to see if he is allergic to peanuts. The test was positive. Dr. Drain suggested that we steer clear of ALL nuts, just to be on the safe side. She also said that as long as he does not have any more exposure to peanuts, it is very likely that he will grow out of his allergy. I for one hope he does, no one should be deprived of the fabulous chocolate/peanut butter combination.

1 comment:

DeAnne said...

amen to that last sentence sister! i hope he grows out of it too!