Friday, March 27, 2009

New Additions

and NO I am not talking about the kind that just eat, sleep, poop, and cry for the first several months of their life. I am not, and may never be ready for THAT sort of addition again. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my two boys deeply, but when I hear a crying baby I can't help but think, gee I'm glad that's not me.
This week has been a very eventful one. As you can see from the pictures below, we had a fence and a 12x12 patio installed by Big T Roofing, which is a general contracting company owned by our good friend Terry Simpson. To say that Mason and Cooper were glued to the windows watching "the guys" (as Mason called them) work, would be an understatement. I don't think either of them picked up a single toy the whole time "the guys" were here.
one side of the fence...
and then the other side.

one side of the fence in the back yard...

and then the other side.Thursday was when the really exciting part came in (well, at least for Mason). The concrete for the patio was poured. Mason was SO excited to see the cement truck pull up to the house.
Getting ready to pour the cement into wheel barrels to be taken to be dumped in the mold for the patio.
And here is the finished product. Well almost, the cement still needs to dry all the way, and as it does, it will lighten up.

Mason and Cooper got to put their hand prints in one corner of the patio.

The last addition, but certainly, not least, we ordered this blind from Lowes to match our cabinets and it arrived this week. I am probably excited about this blind most because the evening sun beats in the kitchen window while I am making dinner and most nights I end up with a headache.

2 comments:

Dan and Anne said...

I am so jealous! We are aparment hunting for when we move (my husband is graduating!) and I really wish we were moving into a cute house like yours!

Britany Michelle said...

I love the new additons! I'm glad Mason and Coop got to put their hand prints in the cement. That is awesome! Don't forget to come visit me.