Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bountiful Basket

There is a company based in Utah (I think) that is gets fresh produce at really cheap prices and then passes those savings onto their customers. They just started this program in Spokane a few weeks ago. The people who assemble each basket are volunteers, just one more way of saving money. This week I decided to get a basket to see if the produce is any good and if it really is worth the money. For $15 I got:
15 red potatoes
8 tangerines
6 grapefruit
13 apples
7 bananas
1 head of lettuce
1 bunch of celery
2 bunches of asparagus
3 cucumbers
1 lb baby carrots
3 beats
The only thing I have no clue what to do with is the beats. Anyone know what to do with these?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, that's a lot of produce, and a good variety, too.

Have you tried allrecipes.com? You can look up recipes by ingredient.