Monday, March 15, 2010

Jogging

A week or so ago I went jogging with my sister DeAnne-that felt really good, but I wasn't very happy with my self that I couldn't jog for a good distance without wanting to stop. I have to admit, I have not worked out regularly in at least six years, and that stint only lasted a few months. Before that, it was when I was a Sophomore in High School. I was in great shape then. Too bad for Jeff that he didn't know me then, he would have thought I was H. O. T. During my Sophomore year I took an aerobics class from a great teacher, who had a gift for motivating even the laziest person. During that year we jogged M, W, F and did step box aerobics or some other aerobic workout on T, Th. After a very short time I was able to run 6 miles during the 75 minute class period. Pretty good eh? Well that was the last time I was in THAT good of shape.

I have been wanting to start jogging again for a while now, but I have used excuses like: "with a husband, two kids, a house to run, a church calling to fulfill- I don't have time" and "it's too cold out, the road might be icy, I would fall and hurt myself". Well, the same sister I mentioned above just completed a 5K run this weekend. I finally decided that if DeAnne can find the time, then so can I. This weekend I set a goal for myself that I would run M, W, F and do some toning on T, Th, Sat. Then when my mussels and body get used to jogging a bit more I will jog on T, Th too.

This morning I was up at 6:45, stretched, and out the door by 7:00. I jogged/walked for 30 minutes. I would say that I jogged at least half of that time. Hopefully over the next few weeks I can build up to jogging the entire time and lengthen the time I jog for too.

Thanks DeAnne for giving me the inspiration I needed!

4 comments:

Sam said...

you can do it! it's hard to get back into, but you can do it! The kids might even like to come with you when it's warmer out so then you can run on the track at the school and let them play in the middle or something. anyway, good luck :)

DeAnne said...

wooohoooo!!!! Good for you girl! Keep it up and come down the end of April (24th) when I am doing the next 5K.

Crystyne said...

Hmmm I just might DeAnne.

Sarah said...

I am so impressed, because I think our exercise habits are similar. The time thing is my excuse, too. Good for you!