Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cooper trooper

Earlier this week Cooper had to get his blood drawn to see if he is still allergic to peanuts. Cooper did really well, considering his age. I held him in my lap and held his "extra" arm down, while one nurse stabilized his other arm, and another nurse drew his blood. Cooper did cry while this was being done, but once the tourniquet (rubber band thing) was taken off his arm he did stop. I'm not sure when we will get the results, probably this week. My hopes are not high that he will no longer be allergic to peanuts. Maybe someday.
Once we got out of the office building, Cooper became pretty lethargic so once we got home he drank some OJ and perked right back up.
Can you see the "lethargic-ness" in his eyes?

2 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

I'd be interested to know the results. I have a nephew allergic to peanuts and he was told he would ALWAYS be allergic. So I'm wondering if that was wrong and the allergy CAN go away?!

DeAnne said...

Aw. Good job Cooper. Did he have to fast for the blood draw? Is that why he was so tired? I hope one day he outgrows the allergy. I would be so sad if I couldn't eat peanuts any more.