Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baby check up

Today I had a check up with my OB. I have lost two pounds since my check up last month. No shock to me there. I don't think I've never lost weight between check ups, only gained. I guess I can blame that one on the sickness and lack of appetite. My nurse had a difficult time finding the heart beat, which is really weird because she has been an OB nurse forever and with me has never had a hard time finding the heart beat before. It took probably two minutes, but felt like forever. The baby was hidden under my pelvic bone. Once found, the heart beat was really strong, 156 bpm. I don't want to hear any predictions on the sex based on the heart beat. Last time it was 171 bpm. I don't believe the heart beat has anything to do with the sex and neither does my Doctor. So there!

My next appointment is July 2. I have an ultrasound that day, hopefully baby will let us see what sex it is.

I am 15 weeks 2 days pregnant.

4 comments:

browerfamily said...

Hope you start feeling better!

DeAnne said...

don't you hate that? at my early appointments with alaina it took a while to find the heartbeat too. and i agree, heartbeat is not a good way to figure out the sex. alaina's was almost always around 130 for a long time. and she was totally a girl :) i'm still secretly hoping for a girl for you though. woops, guess it's not a secret anymore.

The Meagher Family said...

Well, due to the heart beat being 156 beats per minute it is definitely with out a doubt going to be a boy. Sorry had to do it. Love you. lol

Sarah said...

Okay, I know you don't want to hear it...
Ezra's hb never reached past 150. Audrey's ranged from 140s to 160.

I threw up once with Ezra's pregnancy. With Audrey, my morning sickness was more severe (though nothing like you, DeAnne's, or Michelle's)
Maybe the old wives tales aren't always wrong. Who knows.
On the bright side, if this baby's a boy, Jeff can take all three of them camping in a couple of years!!!