Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Garden 2010

Here are the beginnings of our garden! I am so excited! One of our three pumpkin plants.
One of two of our zucchini squash.
Red and Orange bell pepper plants.
Tomato plants
Can you see the three tomatoes growing? Oh yeah baby! This is what I am really excited for, picking tomatoes right off the vine and eating them! This is something I did ALL the time as a kid. Every summer my Dad grew tomato plats (he still does, like ten plants!) and I would take off the ripe ones and eat them while playing outside.
Here are the strawberries that I transplanted from a person in our ward's garden last year. I didn't get any strawberries last year, but I already have a ton growing. I think I'll be lucky if I get enough to make even one jar of jam though, because Mason and Cooper can't wait until they ripen. They've already told me that they are going to eat them right off the vine.
Here are the raspberry plants. I transplanted them last year too, so I didn't get much off them last year. This year should be awesome!

*Disclaimer: After my sister DeAnne commented telling me what a good job I did getting the garden in even with being sick, I fell I need to tell everyone who the person with the green thumb really is. Jeff. Yup, he does all the planting, watering, weeding, and pruning. I just enjoy all his hard work. Spoiled? Yes. And I love it!

1 comment:

DeAnne said...

wow, it looks great! good for you for getting your garden going while even feeling sick and all that.