Yesterday was our last Sunday in the Beacon Hill Ward. Jeff and I have been in that ward for 5 1/2 years. It was really sad saying good bye to our friends and fellow ward members who we have known for the last 5 1/2 years. I know we will probably see them on occasion, but it will be sad not attending church with them on a weekly basis. I remember when we moved into the Beacon Hill Ward I HATED the ward. I didn't have any friends and I felt like no one made any effort to get to know me. Then I realized that not knowing anyone and not being able to get to know anyone was my fault. Once I realized that, I reached out to others and made some really great friends. Two of my really good friends both moved out of state in July, I have had a really hard time with dealing with the emptiness their moving has left me with. Hopefully I will make some new friends and be able to fill that empty part of my life.
Today was Jeff's first day at Stat Medical. Yesterday, Jeff was nervous about starting his new job and he didn't know if he was going to be able to calm his nerves enough to sleep. In a way it was like the first day of school all over for him. His first day went well, he filled out all of the 'new employee' paper work. Jeff thinks he will be very happy with the change in employers, Stat is a very laid back, non-stressful, easy going environment. That type of environment is just what Jeff was looking for.
1 comment:
WE WILL MISS SEEING YOU GUYS EVERY WEEK! We will definitely need to get together often! There is always Gonzaga basketball season!!! ;)
Post a Comment