So even though I have not personally received any flack for my last post, there have been some comments made on facebook that make me think some were offended. Maybe they were not, I certainly hope not, that was not my intention. All I have to say is don't take my comments personal, I did not write what I wrote to make anyone think I don't like their choice in having animals. I know that because I am not a lover of animals, I am in the minority.
I am not a lover of any animals. I could probably make a list of reasons why I don't like all animals. Fish, rabbits, snakes, rats, cows, pigs, horses, you name it, I most likely don't like them. Although I did ride horse last summer for the first time and did enjoy it, but you'll never find me living on a farm raising or breeding horses. The first thing I wanted to do when I got off was wash my hands REALLY well and change my clothes.
I know animals were placed on this earth for a purpose. For some as a companion, for others to assist with their medical problems, for the police force to find drugs, people, bombs, etc. So yes animals have a purpose, they just don't fill any purpose for me.
You can love your animals, but please don't choose your animals over your actual children like my biological mother did. True story. I don't know if I know all of the details to the story as I was only 5 or 6 when it happened. But basically, when my parents divorced they had a custody battle over all 6 children. The judge would not split up the children. My sister was/is very allergic to animals. My bio-mom had a couple of cats. The judge told her that if she wanted custody of her children that she would have to get rid of her cats for my sisters health. She told the judge that she couldn't because the cats were also her kids. Long story short, she chose her cats over her own children and she never did get custody of any of us.
I can remember several times after coming home after a weekend at my bio-moms house and my sister would have to go to the ER because she couldn't breath. She would have to have breathing treatments for days. Day and night. It always seemed that just as she was able to breath well, it was time to go for our every-other weekend visit again.
I just don't understand how someone can chose to keep an animal when the health of their child/children will be compromised.
This issue hits really close to home for Jeff and me. Jeff, Mason, and Cooper are all allergic to animals. They don't just get the watery eyes and stuffy nose symptoms. Their lungs start to close up too. Most everyone we know, family and friends, have animals. It is hard for us to be able to visit any home with animals for any length of time. The whole time we are visiting, Jeff and I are on edge wondering if we have stayed too long, if we will be giving nebulizer treatments to the boys for the next several days. Now I know how my parents must have felt every other weekend my sister had to visit our bio-mom.
PLEASE don't miss-read this. I am not saying that you should get rid of your animals just for my children's sake. I would never ask anyone to do that. You have every right to have animals. That is the beauty of the country we live in. We can all choose to live our lives in the way we want and we can have differing opinions too. It just really hard for us to visit homes with animals. We have accepted that because the health of our boys is more important.
I'm sure some think I am cold hearted about animals. That's not it at all. I just don't enjoy animals that's all. I don't care if someone else loves animals and chooses to have several.
I am not a lover of any animals. I could probably make a list of reasons why I don't like all animals. Fish, rabbits, snakes, rats, cows, pigs, horses, you name it, I most likely don't like them. Although I did ride horse last summer for the first time and did enjoy it, but you'll never find me living on a farm raising or breeding horses. The first thing I wanted to do when I got off was wash my hands REALLY well and change my clothes.
I know animals were placed on this earth for a purpose. For some as a companion, for others to assist with their medical problems, for the police force to find drugs, people, bombs, etc. So yes animals have a purpose, they just don't fill any purpose for me.
You can love your animals, but please don't choose your animals over your actual children like my biological mother did. True story. I don't know if I know all of the details to the story as I was only 5 or 6 when it happened. But basically, when my parents divorced they had a custody battle over all 6 children. The judge would not split up the children. My sister was/is very allergic to animals. My bio-mom had a couple of cats. The judge told her that if she wanted custody of her children that she would have to get rid of her cats for my sisters health. She told the judge that she couldn't because the cats were also her kids. Long story short, she chose her cats over her own children and she never did get custody of any of us.
I can remember several times after coming home after a weekend at my bio-moms house and my sister would have to go to the ER because she couldn't breath. She would have to have breathing treatments for days. Day and night. It always seemed that just as she was able to breath well, it was time to go for our every-other weekend visit again.
I just don't understand how someone can chose to keep an animal when the health of their child/children will be compromised.
This issue hits really close to home for Jeff and me. Jeff, Mason, and Cooper are all allergic to animals. They don't just get the watery eyes and stuffy nose symptoms. Their lungs start to close up too. Most everyone we know, family and friends, have animals. It is hard for us to be able to visit any home with animals for any length of time. The whole time we are visiting, Jeff and I are on edge wondering if we have stayed too long, if we will be giving nebulizer treatments to the boys for the next several days. Now I know how my parents must have felt every other weekend my sister had to visit our bio-mom.
PLEASE don't miss-read this. I am not saying that you should get rid of your animals just for my children's sake. I would never ask anyone to do that. You have every right to have animals. That is the beauty of the country we live in. We can all choose to live our lives in the way we want and we can have differing opinions too. It just really hard for us to visit homes with animals. We have accepted that because the health of our boys is more important.
I'm sure some think I am cold hearted about animals. That's not it at all. I just don't enjoy animals that's all. I don't care if someone else loves animals and chooses to have several.
1 comment:
As far as I'm concerned you don't need to justify to anyone why you don't like animals. I don't feel the need to justify to my crafty friends why I'm not a fan of needle point or crocheting. :) I'm sorry if someone took offense to your blog post.
I love my cats and dog to pieces, and it doesn't bother me that you don't like animals. We are all different for a reason, and we've all had different experiences in life to dictate how we are today.
I will say that you totally ruined my joke in the last comment I posted on that blog post. "Ruff" was pretty dang clever, or so I thought, and you poo-pooed it. *sigh* LOL
Don't worry, Crystyne! I still love you! To each his own. :)
Post a Comment