Last night was the first class for my 2nd semester of school. Wednesday afternoon Elder Thomas called to see if I could be the lead student for my Family Foundations class. So basically I just had to be really familiar with the material we were covering this week and lead a discussion about the material. Really not a big deal, I would have liked to have had a little more time to prepare and gather my thoughts though. This week our topic was on divorce. Divorce is something that effects each of us in one way or another and has become way too common. Divorce is an ugly thing. In some cases it is the best thing for a person to do. Most of the time however, I feel people get divorced because it is "the easy way out". Most couples do not try to make their marriage work. They fall out of love and do not do all that they can to fall back in love. Often they have become too selfish and do not want to try.
For class we read two articles, one entitled "Divorce" by Dallin H. Oaks, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Appostles of our church; it was a talk he gave at General Conference. You can read his talk HERE. The other was an article in the Ensign (a magazine our church publishes) entitled "Falling out of love...and climbing back in". The author's name was withheld, but it is a great article, one I would suggest everyone reads. It was great! Even if your marriage is not "in trouble", it is good none the less and a great reminder of some things to avoid in your marriage. You can read the article HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment