Monday, November 17, 2008

Midnight music

Last night around 12:30am, Cooper woke up, after trying to feed him some baby food (which he didn't want anything to do with) I sat with him in his rocking chair and sang some Primary songs to him. Although I do not enjoy hearing my oh so beautiful singing voice at this hour, or being up at this hour, I realized last night that these days of being up with Cooper are definitely coming to an end. I sometimes get frustrated because in my opinion, these days of being up with Cooper in the middle of the night should have come to an end about eight months ago, but they have not. I realized that I should be grateful for these quiet moments alone with Cooper, cuddling and singing to him. I know that he will be all grown up sooner than I want him to be, and that when he is all grown up he will not want to cuddle with me. I decided to make more of an effort to be grateful for those quiet moments with my children.

1 comment:

The Meagher Family said...

Those moments are what I call a bitter sweet moment. Because you don't want to be doing that but you can't help but go aaaahhh.