Monday, July 6, 2009

Fun on the 4th.

With everyone else posting about the fun filled 4th they had, I now feel obligated to blog about our 4th.
We were going to have a backyard camp out with Jared, Michelle, and Ethan, roast some marshmallows, sing campfire songs, and share fond memories of one another. But with my recent ER visit and throat dilation procedure, I really didn't feel up to planning a camp out. Sorry Jared and Michelle, maybe we can plan another one before you leave for good ol' Utah.
We started out our day by going out looking for a swing set. My Dad saw a "For Sale" sign for one in the valley, so we decided to go have a look. The swing set was very disappointing. Old. Homemade. Needs lots of work. No Thanks. Then it was off to Walley World to check out their selection. Disappointment yet again. Chincey. Over priced. No Thanks.
By the time we were done looking at swings, it was time for lunch and nap, so we swung though the fun and exciting drive through of our local Taco Bell. Cooper fell asleep on the way home, we tried to get him to sleep some more once we got home. He wasn't having it. He thought yelling, laughing, and keeping Mason awake was way more fun.
So after an hour of this, we got them up and went to Jeff's parents for a BBQ. Sorry no pictures, forgot the camera. I seem to be forgetting a lot lately, I wonder if something is wrong with me....
We got home from the BBQ around 5:45pm. Cooper was REALLY feeling the consequences of deciding to play earlier in the day instead of sleeping, so he retired to his crib at 6:15. Mason followed by 7:30.
As for Jeff and I, well, my mind is drawing a blank as to what we did with the rest of our evening, must have been real exciting, something like watching TV.
So there you have it, our 4th. Not too exciting, really, just another day in the life of the Borders.

2 comments:

Patsfield Family Photos said...

It's okay Crystyne I forgive you! You just have to make it up to us later ;)

DeAnne said...

hmmm...forgetting things? maybe you're pregnant! HAHAHAHAHAHA!