I went to Costco this morning, the lines at the check out were crazy, like always. They were backed up into the main isle by where to flower arrangements are. I looked up at the line in front of me and I saw that the people in the very front of the line were getting the last of their things unloaded, then a lady with just a few things in her cart, then a lady hold a few things (no cart), and last a lonely cart with just a bag of trail mix in it, and no human in the general area that I assume belonged to it. I decided that this cart was probably abandoned (especially since it wasn't in the big area designated for the checkout lines). I waited for the line to move up, which took a few minutes. During this time I looked around to see if there was anyone around, or if the person just holding a few items would say anything about who the card belonged to. Once there was plenty of room for me to get my cart around this seemingly abandoned cart, I went around. About a minute later some lady comes up, holing a box of those nasty Nature Made granola bars (keep in mind that the granola bars are around the corner, probably about 40 feet from where the cart was), points to the abandoned cart behind me (with just trail mix in it, mind you), and says, "Um that's my cart behind you....and....I was behind HER!" (as she points to the lady in front of me). So in my head I'm thinking, What? So, you are so much more important than the rest of us in here that you should be allowed to get a cart, stick the cart in a line and go get the few items you need while your cart holds a spot in line for you? Uh, think again lady! So, I looked at the lady and said, "Whatever lady", very sarcastically, of course, and continued to stay where I was. This "line shopper" lady had no other choice but to stay in line behind me or go find another line to stand in. She opted to stay in line behind me, and I'm sure if she had some super crazy ability to shoot fire balls out of her eyes, the back of my head would have been on fire.
Rude of me? Or not? What do you think?
6 comments:
What would Jesus do? hahahahaha! Oh Crystyne...The question is: do YOU think it was rude?
You make me laugh! I never would have had the guts to do that...but oh how I wish I could sometimes!
I totally would have said, "Oh? You mean your abandonded cart was behind this lady. Well, you were not, so now you're behind me. Don't leave your cart in line if you still have some shopping to do." Fire balls or not, she should have had enough common sense to think it through. Seriously... would she have been so nice if she were in your shoes? I think not... Rude? Of her? Yes. You? No. :)
I agree with what Rhiannon said and with what you did!!!! Some people are just so dumb!!!!! grrr!
I don't think that was rude. Why should she think she can leave her cart and do more shopping. If she got in line and wanted more items she should have taken the cart with her. Also, if she saw that you had two kids with you she could have been a little caring and not said anything at all, but in the same breathe someone with common sense wouldn't have left their cart to begin with.
I would have told her possession is nine tenths of the law. She was no where near her cart, so no where near in line.
Post a Comment