Mason's actual birthday got started off with the BEST present EVER! For me at least. My BFF Nicole and her little family arrived from Utah at 7:30 in the morning. It had been 1 year and 3 days since I'd seen them. Not that I was counting or anything....I'm just really good at remembering the day they moved....and the last day, OK and months I cried really hard.
Mason didn't have any presents from his dear ol' mom and dad to open, his present (and Cooper's) is right behind them in this picture. Mason and Cooper did get to open their present from Nicole and Ben though.

Mason REALLY wanted a skunk themed birthday party. Luckily we were able to convince him to change the theme to something easier to find party supplies for, or so we thought. Mason changed his mind to:

Yup, Bob the Builder, piece of cake, right? Wrong. No one carries Bob the Builder stuff, not even bulldozer and back hoe knock offs. So here is what we came up with:

I (well Nicole) made a chocolate cake, thank you Nicole, with chocolate frosting. Then I crushed Oreo cookies, minus the filling, and put that on the cake. It was finished off with some sour worms and mini construction stuff. Mason was so proud of his cake, he insisted on taking a picture with it.

Once the party guests started to arrive, they all got right down to business playing in the dirt and on the new play set.

Ethan mowed the grass for Uncle Justin....uh...I mean Uncle Jeff.

After all the guests had arrived we got down to real business, party business that is. First came the pinata....

Birthday Boy

Hannah

Cooper

Zachary

Isabella

Ashley
demolition of the pinata!
then the presents....


then singing to the Birthday boy....

Enjoying cake and ice cream with his Papa Borders.
2 comments:
man, that looks like quite the party! nice job on the cake, i think it's perfect! see you guys soon :)
Happy Birthday Masno!! That was a great party, and the cake was yummy!!
Post a Comment