With the beginning of a new year, Mason moved up to a new class in Primary. He is now a CTR-4, with that he got a CTR ring from his teacher.
For those of you who may not know what a CTR ring is, it is kinda like the WWJD bracelets that other Christian churches have. The CTR stands for Choose The Right. I like to think of it as, instead of just asking the question, What Would Jesus Do? This answers the question, he would Choose The Right.
For those of you who may not know what a CTR ring is, it is kinda like the WWJD bracelets that other Christian churches have. The CTR stands for Choose The Right. I like to think of it as, instead of just asking the question, What Would Jesus Do? This answers the question, he would Choose The Right.Anyway, since Mason got the ring on Sunday we have had several discussions with him about what it means to Choose The Right. And that by wearing the CTR ring it can help us remember to Choose The Right.
One day earlier this week at dinner, Mason was saying the prayer. Well he of course had his eyes open while saying the prayer and saw that Cooper had begun eating. As Mason asked Heavenly Father to bless the food, he shouted bless the FOOD!!! as a way to yell at Cooper for eating before the prayer was said. While we ate we had a conversation with Mason about Choosing The Right and if yelling at Cooper was Choosing The Right.
One day earlier this week at dinner, Mason was saying the prayer. Well he of course had his eyes open while saying the prayer and saw that Cooper had begun eating. As Mason asked Heavenly Father to bless the food, he shouted bless the FOOD!!! as a way to yell at Cooper for eating before the prayer was said. While we ate we had a conversation with Mason about Choosing The Right and if yelling at Cooper was Choosing The Right.
The next day (or maybe the day after that, I can't remember), Cooper was in the bathroom washing his hands, Mason and I were doing something at the table. I asked Mason to go ask Cooper to turn off the water and to also remember to Choose The Right while asking Cooper. So Mason hopped down from the table, saw his CTR ring sitting on our buffet table, put it on his right index finger, and made his way to the bathroom. Once he got to the bathroom, he paused, held up his right hand, and put his left hand under his right as if to support the right hand. He then looked at his ring, with a methodical look on his face, then looked up at Cooper and as sweet as pie asked Cooper to please turn the water off. It was just so cute.
It is these moments that I wish I had a camera hard wired in my brain that would take a picture simply by me thinking about wanting to.
1 comment:
oh wow - I've totally had that same exact thought - about wanting a camera wired onto my brain/eyeballs and just take photos by thinking of it. I bet someone will invent it someday.
Very sweet story!
Post a Comment