Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ribbit

So today during nap, I was checking email, blogs, face book... you know the online world. Jeff was in the other room refining a part in the book he wrote. I heard a little noise that I thought was maybe coming from Jeff's dying laptop. But when Jeff said, "hey do you hear that?" I thought well, maybe not, and asked Jeff what it was. He said he didn't know, but that the noise was coming from near our outside wall.

Jeff went over to the wall and started listening. Listening to the walls. Listening to the heat ducts. Opened the front door.

Nothing happened.

I came in the living room to check it out too.

Jeff sat down and the noise began again.

Soon we realized it was a frog croaking.

After more listening in the croaking area. Jeff came up with a theory that the frog was in one of our heat ducts.

Jeff got out the vacuum and put the hose down inside the duct and turned on the vacuum. While I was sitting on the couch wondering why he's doing this. This is the conversation that ensues.

Me: "So you think you'll be able to suck up the frog with the vacuum, assuming the frog is in the duct."

Jeff: "yup that's what I'm thinking"

Me: "and you know it will probably kill the frog"

Jeff: "Yup"

Me: "Frog killer!"

Jeff turned on the vacuum and sucked around in the duct for a while. After no results he gave up and put the vacuum away.

Jeff returned to the couch, and more importantly, writing.

A few minutes later the croaking returns.

After more investigative work, trying to pin point the location of the frog, Jeff is positive the frog is in the duct.

Jeff got the vacuum out again, and the same conversation as before was repeated between us.

Jeff turned on the vacuum again and soon he felt a little something a bit heavier go into the vacuum than just dirt and dust.

Jeff took the "dirt tank" (or whatever the technical term is) to the garbage and emptied it. He came back and reported that there didn't appear to be a frog in the "tank".

But the croaking did not return.

From now on Jeff's nickname will be FROG KILLER!

Rest In Peace my frog friend.

2 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

You. are. hilarious.

DeAnne said...

ok, that is kind of creepy and gross.