I wasn't going to post anything about my birthday, but last night after getting a few posts done, Jeff asked if I posted anything about my birthday. So here it is for anyone who wants to know.
My birthday was on Sunday so Friday night Jeff took me out to dinner tp Applebee's. If you've never had their Veggie Patch Pizza you are missing out! It used to be on the menu as an appetizer, it is no longer on the menu, but they will still make it if you order it.
Then Saturday night we had some friends over for cake and ice cream. I made my own cake. I used a recipe from my friend Corrine called "Dang Good Chocolate Cake", and yeah, it was dang good!
My actual birthday was quite relaxing. We went to church, and that's about it! I did use the excuse that it was my birthday when it came time to make dinner, deal with a crying child, or put the boys to bed. I'm sure Jeff was real tired of me saying, "It's my birthday, so you get to do it."
My birthday present has not arrived yet. I ordered a grain mill attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer.The Grain Mill will grind wheat, rye, oats, rice, barley, buckwheat, millet, and any other low-moisture, non-oily grains.
Now it just needs to hurry up and get here so I can use it!
Then Saturday night we had some friends over for cake and ice cream. I made my own cake. I used a recipe from my friend Corrine called "Dang Good Chocolate Cake", and yeah, it was dang good!
My actual birthday was quite relaxing. We went to church, and that's about it! I did use the excuse that it was my birthday when it came time to make dinner, deal with a crying child, or put the boys to bed. I'm sure Jeff was real tired of me saying, "It's my birthday, so you get to do it."
My birthday present has not arrived yet. I ordered a grain mill attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer.The Grain Mill will grind wheat, rye, oats, rice, barley, buckwheat, millet, and any other low-moisture, non-oily grains.
Now it just needs to hurry up and get here so I can use it!



3 comments:
Hey, Happy Birthday :) I have one of these grain mills and I use it ALL the time! We don't buy store-bought wheat flour any more.
But a word of warning, I have the Professional Kitchen Aid and it handles the grain mill just fine. But my mom has the regular Kitchen Aid and has burned out TWO motors using the grain mill.
I don't know if they were just freak accidents, or if the smaller mixers can't handle the grain mill.
I don't know which Kitchen Aid you have, but make sure you follow the instructions for use when you get it :)
Cheers!
You have a KitchenAid AND the grain mill attachment?!?! No faaaiirrr! [whining].
Happy belated birthday!
Happy Belated Birthday!!
Post a Comment