Sunday, October 12, 2008

I need to get out more...

Friday night Jeff and I went to Old Navy to try to find him some Khaki pants and jeans. After looking there and not finding any Khaki pants, we decided to head across the parking lot to the mall. We looked around a bit at shoes and I found a really cute pair of boots that were on clearance for $20. While I was paying for my boots, Jeff took Mason and walked the halls. When I met up with them, Jeff told me he had a surprise for me. We walked for a bit and then Jeff stopped at a store, I looked up at the sign and this is what I saw:
Now for anyone who doesn't know what this store is, it is a store owned by someone who is LDS. Everything in the store is modest. **The store does carry a line of spaghetti strap tank tops but they are longer in length, they are meant to be worn under other shirts to either a) give you the "layered look" or b) be tucked in so that when you bend over your back and butt are not exposed to the entire world. So, basically their tees and tanks are meant to expand you existing wardrobe and help women be modest even when the currents styles are not modest.
OK, so back to my story. I was so EXCITED to see this store. See at the North Town Mall all they have is a little kiosk, which only carries their plain tees and tanks (with and without lace on the bottom) I was just telling Jeff when we were walking into the Valley Mall that I needed some new clothes, and that I really wanted some items from Down East basics, but I didn't want to have to pay shipping just to get the clothes here.
I walked into the store and asked the manager working how long had they been in this location. She replied, "Since June". And to that I said, "I need to get out more". Anyways I was able to find a few really cute things for a decent price.
So, for anyone who has not heard of, or has not seen Down East basics full line of apparel, go out to the Valley Mall and check them out! (the store is on the main level)

2 comments:

Marsha Jo said...

Hmmm.... Chrystyne, I think we need to talk more. You could have just asked me!! Or, I guess I could have just told you!!! But there are some things you just don't know if someone wants to know! Does that even make sense!?!

EternaLeppert said...

I've never heard of it, but I'm definitely there! I need some longer shirts to go underneath. Thanks for the heads-up!