There are a few things Mason has been doing lately that I thought I should write down so I can always remember them.
First, when Mason asks us a question, he now gives us two options.
For example:
Do you want the light on or off? Are you going to work or staying home? Are you going to take a shower or not? Are you cooking dinner or not? Are you making cookies or not? Can I watch TV or not?
Pretty much every question he has is followed up with "or not". It's pretty funny, I wish I could get it on video, but it is really sporadic when he does it.
Second, is something I started doing with Mason. When I told Jeff my new idea, he told me I was going to turn Mason into a gambler. "Oh, I don't care", I thought, "as long as he does what I need him to do." But now that Jeff has seen my brilliant idea in action, and has seen that it works, he has jumped on the "gambling" wagon with me (and Mason). When Mason says he is done eating dinner but Jeff and I want him to eat a little more. We will say, "I bet I can finish my dinner before you!". Mason will then say, "no, I can finish first!". Then he will finish all his dinner. When we want Mason to help clean up his play room, we will say," I bet I can clean up faster than you!". Which, Mason will then say, :no I can clean faster than you!". Then Mason will help clean his play room. When Mason doesn't want to go up to bed we will say, "I bet I can get up stairs before you!" Mason will then say, "no, I can!" Then he will run up the stairs.
So, you get the idea. Yeah, it's brilliant, and we love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment