Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cooking it up!

What do you get when you start with fresh peppers...


Throw them in a pan with onions and saute...



Add in your favorite meat (Beef in my case)...


And throw the some shredded Colby-jack cheese on top?


FAJITAS!


Now I know what you may be thinking. Why is Jeff telling us how to cook. Or for that matter why is Jeff cooking. Well since I have been laid off and even prior to that I have been cooking dinner. It started out by me cooking dinner on Sunday nights. My treat to the family. But with Crystyne being so sick initially with the pregnancy, I have picked up some hours in the kitchen. (Wish they were work hours at a place of employment, but I digress.) Any who, it was either cook or starve for the boys and me.

I wasn't to confident in the kitchen with cooking. But it turns out, that I am actually not that bad of a cook, and not just Top Raman or BBQ burgers. It shouldn't be a surprise since my grandfather and grandmother owned a restaurant and cooked all the time, it must flow in the blood.

Some of my favorite things to cook are Fajitas, Arroz con Pollo (Azteca Style), Breakfast (I love making seasoned fried potatoes with fresh peppers and onions in it.), Sauteed Chicken with Broccoli over white rice and Shish-ka-bobs. I am learning more recipes and I actually find it somewhat relaxing. (Shhh. Don't tell Crystyne, or this could be a permanent position.)

Now if only I enjoyed cleaning up the dishes that much......

No comments: