Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cooper's One Year Check Up

Cooper had his One Year check up today. He did really well. When his Doctor wanted him to lay down on the exam table, he showed off his strength, and will. I had to literally hold him down with my whole body, just to get him to lay down. Cooper also had two shots.

Cooper weighs 26 pounds (over the 100th percentile) and was 30 3/4 inches long (90th percentile)

I talked to his Doctor about the reaction he had two weeks ago to peanut butter, and she thought it would be a good idea to have him tested for allergies. She thought it was apparent that he is allergic to peanuts, but she wanted to figure out if he is allergic to any other foods. I guess the main lab technician who specializes in drawing blood from infants was on vacation this week. My Doctor wanted to have the gal who was in the lab today try to draw his blood, but she said she was only going to let her try one time because she didn't want to traumatise Cooper too much. So a gal from the lab came in to draw blood and was unsuccessful with her one try. I have to take Cooper back in, in about ten days when the main infant specialist is back to have his allergy test done.

Cooper showing off his two bandages from being traumatised at the Doctors. Poor thing. :(

With the weather being cold and rainy today, I put Cooper in a long sleeve shirt. He has been so used to wearing a short sleeve shirt; that all morning he kept looking at his sleeve with a confused look on his face. When I got him up from his nap, it looked like he had been trying to get his shirt off. I guess it is going to take some getting used to wearing a long sleeve shirt.

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

that picture made me laugh OUT LOUD! the last one

Patsfield Family Photos said...

Hahaha! Oh, Crystyne it looks like Cooper's true colors are showing and it's only the beginning. He is going to give you lots a trouble!Basically you have another Lil' Jeff!!!!