Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Imagination

Lately Mason has had quite a vivid imagination. He has a few, um well "friends" I guess we'll call them. The first is this imaginary bee. I don't know where he (or she) came from, but every once in a while Mason will say "hey there's my bee" or "oh no where did my bee go?" or "don't let the bee in" or "GET OUT BEE!!!". We find him sometimes just going on and on about this bee. It is actually pretty funny.
Then there are the "guys". We think there are two of them. They don't have names, but I am pretty sure they are boys. Mason will just out of nowhere say, "hey guys lets go play spaketball(basketball)" while he says this he motions his arms towards, well, nothing, just the thin air. Then he will run to his room, shot some hoops, then come back out and announce to us that he was playing spaketball with the guys and again motioning to the "guys" in thin air.
Jeff and I will look at each other and usually one of us will start to sing do-do-do-do do-do-do-do-do. You know kinda like a twilight sound. Then we just smile and laugh. And usually one of us will whisper to the other, "he's crazy!'
I know this is pretty normal to have imaginary friends, but it still creeps me out a bit. I just hope he grows out of it.....I'm sure he will. Right?

No comments: