Saturday, August 30, 2008

Home furnishings

We went out early this morning to take advantage of the Labor Day sales that are going on now through Monday. We knew we were going to need to buy a refrigerator before we moved in to our new house. We also knew that eventually we would need to purchase some more furniture to fill our home.
We purchased a refrigerator similar to this one. We have been shopping around on the Internet and at various stores, trying to get the best deal. Well I think we did pretty good. This one is "top of the line" and was one sale for a little less than what a "middle of the line" refrigerator goes for normally.

After we purchased the refrigerator, we called my parents to see if they were home so we could go spend some time with them. They were on their way out to go to Furniture Row Outlet. I thought it would be nice to go up to Furniture Row to look for a new living room set, figuring that they would also be having some great deals for the holiday weekend, so I said we would meet them there. Well, we got to Furniture Row before them. We looked around and found two sets we liked. The first, we liked to price, but the furniture was not comfortable at all. The second, was very comfortable, it was a sleeper sofa (I really wanted a sleeper sofa), but was a little more than we wanted to spend.
I was not satisfied with just looking at one store, but it was getting close to Mason and Cooper's nap time. I asked my parents if Mason and Cooper could take a nap at their house so we could look at some of the other furniture stores. They said that was OK, so we took them there for their naps.
We then went on to Mor Furniture where we found this set. This set is actually really close to the second set we found at Furniture Row. There were four main differences: 1) this set has more of a modern feel to it 2) the price was better 3) not only was the sale price better than the set at Furniture Row, Mor Furniture was also discounting double the amount of your sales tax, and 4) this set was on sale as the 3-piece set (reclining couch, reclining love seat, and a recliner) I didn't want all three pieces. I wanted the sleeper sofa and the reclining love seat. I mentioned this to the sales lady and she automatically said she could probably put those two pieces together in a "package" and for a better price than the 3-piece set, and sure enough she was able to. Over all we spent $450.00 less on this set then we would have on the set at Furniture Row!


After we purchased our living room set, we figured we better stop spending our hard earned (saved) money. We went back to my parents house to pick up our boys and ended up staying there for dinner. Thanks Dad and Debbie for dinner, it was great!

3 comments:

DeAnne said...

i can't wait to sit on your new sofa...or sleep on it ;)

EternaLeppert said...

They look fantastic! You have a great eye for style, Crystyne!

Anonymous said...

Hi Crystyne!

I miss everyone up there in Spokane. Your house looks beautiful. Your boys are so adorable. Its fun to keep in touch. Talk to ya soon.

Heidi