Today I made pizza for dinner for both us and Jeff's parents. Well, I made two different pizzas. One pepperoni and black olive. The other a chicken, bacon, ranch-yummy you really need to try it. Anyways, when my friend Nicole moved to Utah a month ago, she gave me some food that she had in her freezer. As she was going through the freezer, she pulled out each item, if it was not something she thought she would use in the next few days before they moved, she would tell me what it was and if it was something I thought I would use, she put it in a bag for me to take home. Anyways... she got to two bags of what looked like shredded mozzarella cheese, she asked if I wanted it, and of course I knew I would use it on my home-made pizzas.
So while I was making the dough, I remembered I had the two bags of mozzarella cheese in the freezer. So I got out the two bags and set them out to thaw. Once it came time to put the cheese on the pizza I used one and a half bags on the pepperoni and black olive and then used the other half (as well as some of my own mozzarella cheese) on the chicken, bacon, ranch pizza.
OK so once we got to Jeff's parents house, I put the pepperoni pizza in the oven, after fifteen minutes in the oven, I noticed that the cheese was not melting like it should, so I turned on the broiler and after a few minutes it still was not melting. I took out the pizza and let it sit while I put the chicken, bacon, ranch in to cook. Well the chicken pizza came out just fine. I was baffled as to why the cheese on the pepperoni pizza was not melting. I wondered if it could have been because the cheese was frozen and then thawed out. This made no sense. So I picked up a piece of the cheese and ate it. Turns out that the shredded cheese, was actually shredded hash browns!
I was so disappointed and embarrassed. I felt really bad for mainly Jeff. Jeff's parents and I really like the chicken, bacon, ranch pizza so I knew we would be fine, but Jeff does not like that pizza. There were a few, really maybe only two pieces that did not have hash browns on them.
So to you Nicole, thank you for the hash browns they were yummy.
Crystyne
2 comments:
That is a great story. Justin would have probably still eaten the pizza even with hash browns on it.
That is hilarious! I'll have to try it!!
Post a Comment